“If you are going to be successful in real estate investing, you should treat it like a business and not a hobby.” -Kevin Amolsch
Today I am interviewing Kevin Amolsch who is the President of Pine Financial Group which he founded in 2008. Pine Financial Group is a hard money lending company that provides many different products for their borrowers and investors in the Colorado and Minnesota area. Kevin has spent 14 years as a real estate investor and 10 years in real estate lending. He is a speaker and Author of the book 45 Day Investor.
Kevin Amolsch: Started his career in real estate after working as a Senior Loan Officer at a small mortgage company. After serving 4 years in the army, Kevin went to college and got a degree in finance. Since then he has worked on wall street as a Mortgage Bond Analyst, worked as a Senior Loan Officer, opened his own real estate investment company which is thriving today, founded Pine Financial Group and has completed over 2,000 real estate transactions either as a buyer, seller or private money lender.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE EPISODE:
- How did Kevin get started in real estate
- What is Pine Financial Group
- How did Kevin get started in real estate with no money
- Creative investing strategies
- Working with a mentor
- Using private individuals to finance a transaction
- The difference between running a business and real estate
- How to build skills and systems
- The importance of protecting your investors
- Why Pine Financial Group has a mortgage fund and how did it start
- What are default rates
- What is an opinion of value
- What types of lenders should you work with
- What are the various types of loans
- Including culture into your business
- Checking vacancy rates as a rule of thumb
The Real Estate Breakthrough Show with Christina Suter is where we talk about the reality of real estate, the mindset you need and the tips and tricks to get you moving forward in investing. Join us every week and learn everything you need to know to invest in real estate education and create real wealth for a lifetime.
Find out more about Kevin here: