#124: Desiree Doubrox- Investing in Women & Community
“People don’t realize the power of having access to women like us. That’s the big difference in business because then you don’t make a lot of the wrong moves with the wrong people.” Desiree Doubrox
Today I am interviewing Desiree Doubrox who is the CEO of Hom Work, which began as a simple womens brunch held at her home to discuss topics that focused on business, life goals and more. This launched into what is now a global network of 53,000 members around the world, known as Empowered Women. She produces and publishes a monthly digital magazine Let’s Talk and in 2011 launched a non profit called Foundation of Empowered Women.
Desiree Doubrox: Began her real estate journey in 1989 as a Broker and Investor. Around that time she developed a seminar series called “From Babies & Bills to Riches in Real Estate,” which catapulted her to develop Empowered Women in 2006 in response to the downturn. Now Hom Work, a live where you work company, focuses on providing women with safe and accessible short term work from home spaces around the world. She is a mother, entrepreneur, publisher, producer, TV host and so much more.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE EPISODE:
- Why did Desiree begin Empowered Women
- What was the real estate market like during the 2006 downturn
- How Empowered Women helps women build their lives and businesses
- The importance of building a portfolio collectively
- How to live where you work
- Acquiring luxury homes for Home Work
- Creating lease options
- How to use real estate to create community
- What is Hom Work and how does it work
- Building live in work spaces and the benefits it provides for women in transition
- Business in a box program
- What are the benefits from working from home
- Why is real estate a great investment vehicle
Listen now on Spotify or Apple iTunes or watch on Youtube to find out how Desiree found her Real Estate Breakthrough!
The Real Estate Breakthrough Show with Christina Suter is where we talk about the reality of real estate, the mindset you need and the tips and tricks to get you moving forward in investing. Join us every week and learn everything you need to know to invest in real estate education and create real wealth for a lifetime.
Find out more about Desiree here:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download