“If you’re just starting out, the only difference between me and you is 19 years. It’s just time. That’s because time allows for learning, it allows for networking and it allows exposure to opportunities. -Jeremy Roll
Today I am interviewing Jeremy Roll who is a full time cash flow investor currently involved in 60 opportunities and one billion in real estate and business assets. He is the cofounder of the non profit For Investors By Investors (FIBI) which is the largest investor meeting group in CA with over 30,000 members. He is an independent investor, the founder and president of Roll Investment Group and has been featured on over 100 podcasts. He is a mentor, speaker and has presented at my FIBI Pasadena meeting.
Jeremy Roll: Is from Montreal, Canada and received his MBA from the Wharton School. He worked in corporate and was investing on the side before becoming a full time investor in 2002 following the dot com crash. He has been investing for 19 years and invests in primarily low risk highly occupied stabilized properties as well as other asset classes. He is a licensed broker in the state of California for investing purposes only as well as an advisor for Realty Mogul, the largest crowdfunding website in the United States. Aside from being a mentor and speaker, Jeremy manages over 1,300 investors in business and real estate and is sought after for his insight and investing opportunities.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE EPISODE
- Cash flow investing
- Personality based investing
- Passive vs active investing
- High diversification and low risk
- What skill sets do you need to start investing
- Why you should invest using the cycles of real estate
- Control vs diversification and what that means for a passive investor
- Why you should focus on one asset class in the beginning
- How due diligence is crucial and the most important part of investing
- Background checks using TLO
- LLC documents
- How to look for inconsistencies between the document and the operator
- Asset classes, geography and syndicators
- Is the US going down the same economical path as Japan
- How ill COVID affect investing in 20201
The Real Estate Breakthrough Show with Christina Suter is where we talk about the reality of real estate, the mindset you need and the tips and tricks to get you moving forward in investing. Join us every week and learn everything you need to know to invest in real estate education and create real wealth for a lifetime.
Find out more about Jeremy here:
LinkedIN Jeremy Roll