“Real estate isn’t just a destination, it’s a path. You pick up little things as you go and one little niche in real estate can open the door to another and that’s what keeps you strong and centered.” -Derek Harms
Today I am interviewing Derek Harms who is both an investor and a real estate agent based in San Diego, California. He is a Compass Premiere Club agent for the San Diego Padres and Petco Park and has been investing in real estate since 2010. He is the creator of Derek Harms Group and has owned, flipped and invested in commercial and residential property and has participated in short sales, tax deed sales, foreclosures, mobile home parks, real estate auctions, development projects and apartments. I was alongside Derek for last year’s I Survived Real Estate panel hosted by The Norris Group.
Derek Harms: Sits on the board of Directors for the North San Diego Real Estate Investors Association. He is an active residential redevelopment specialist who has successfully increased the business of flipping single family homes in the Sand Diego area. He received his bachelor’s degree in sociology from Sonoma State University. He currently is an active investor and real estate agent who specializes in using innovative marketing strategies to help his clients reach their bottom line.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE EPISODE
- The Norris Group
- Investor as a real estate agent
- North San Diego Real Estate Investors Association
- Derek Harms Group
- His first investment property in Arkansas
- Barstow, CA
- Buying properties at tax deed auctions
- The real estate agents routine
- How to achieve win win relationships in real estate
- San Diego Padres and Petco Park
- The benefits of positive relationships with real estate agents
- Why realtors become investors
- The BER Method
- How to specialize in investing
- Do agents get caught up on the numbers
- Acquire, renovate, re sale
The Real Estate Breakthrough Show with Christina Suter is where we talk about the reality of real estate, the mindset you need and the tips and tricks to get you moving forward in investing. Join us every week and learn everything you need to know to invest in real estate education and create real wealth for a lifetime.
Find out more about Derek here: