“The bottom line is freedom.” – Ellie Perlman
Today I interviewed Ellie Perlman who is the founder of Blue Lake Properties. Ellie owns over 2,000 properties in Florida, Georgia and Texas. Alongside Blue Lake Properties, which specializes in multifamily acquisition and management, Ellie is a coach and mentor leading a program called REady2Scale, where she educates people on how to become multifamily syndicators. She is an author on Forbes and is the host of a real estate podcast called REady2Scale Podcast.
Ellie began her career during the 2008 crash after she moved to the US from Israel. Coming from a small town, at an early age Ellie figured out the difference between wealth and poverty, which moved her to create a meaningful life where she became a commercial real estate lawyer for Israel’s largest real estate company. After deciding she wanted more, Ellie changed her career to become her own CEO and investor. She holds a Masters in Law and an MBA from MIT Sloan School of Management.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE EPISODE
- How she started her own investing company
- How her childhood influenced her success
- Why she changed her career from lawyer to investor
- What it was like to start investing during the downturn
- Why happiness was a guiding light for choosing a career in real estate
- How stress caused her to rethink her life
- How she transitioned into property management
- How to approach hardships
- What are some new ways to work during the pandemic
- Why she invest outside of CA
Listen now and find out how Eliie found her Real Estate Breakthrough!
The Real Estate Breakthrough Show with Christina Suter is where we talk about the reality of real estate, the mindset you need and the tips and tricks to get you moving forward in investing. Join us every week and learn everything you need to know to invest in real estate education and create real wealth for a lifetime.
Find out more about Ellie here:
Facebook Ellie Perlman
Twitter Ellie Perlman
LinkedIn Ellie Perlman