#81 Reed Goossens: Self Educating Using the Power of Real Estate Meetings
“Don’t underestimate the power of RE organizations and meetings because they can truly kick start your career.” -Reed Goosens
Today I am interviewing Reed Goossens who has been an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor since 2007. He is a Managing Partner at Wildhorn Capital responsible for asset management and all things financial. He is the host of the Investing in the US podcast and the author of Investing in the US: The Ultimate Guide to US Real Estate. I met Reed about 7 years ago at one of my FIBI Pasadena meetings and had the pleasure of seeing Reed on the Intelligent Investors Conference stage earlier this year.
Reed Goossens: Is from Australia but moved to New York to take on two new adventures, a relationship with his now wife and buying his first property for $38,000 using his own money. Deciding he wanted to let go of the 9-5 rat race, Reed jumped headfirst into investing by attending real estate meetings, self educating and working with mentors. Now in 2021, Reed has been a part of large commercial projects combining over $500 million. He has a background in Civil/Structural Engineering.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE EPISODE:
- What is a real estate perspective
- Why RE meetings are vital to your investing journey
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Financial IQ
- Barriers of entry in Australia vs the US
- Why you should take risk
- Why you need a mentor even if its an unofficial one
- Why a personal brand is necessary for development
- How to double down on education
- Why you need to invest in yourself
- Is unfulfilled potential holding you back
- Investing in growing markets
- The evolution of an asset
- This is a people’s business
- Why that first deal is the 1st step
Listen now on Spotify or Apple iTunes or watch on Youtube to find out how Reed found his Real Estate Breakthrough!
The Real Estate Breakthrough Show with Christina Suter is where we talk about the reality of real estate, the mindset you need and the tips and tricks to get you moving forward in investing. Join us every week and learn everything you need to know to invest in real estate education and create real wealth for a lifetime.
Find out more about Reed here:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download