#96 Christina Suter: Education- Investing In Stabilized Markets and Market Timing
“You need to pay attention to the cycles that occur where you are invested and it’s your job to know the movements in those cycles and whether you’ve hit the top or the bottom and what you’re going to do with the property at that point.” -Christina Suter
Today I am talking about investing in stabilized markets and what market cycles indicate for these types of markets. A stabilized market is a place where when you look at a FRED housing chart for your desired city, the market stays between 20˚ and 30˚ during recession cycles. This means that this market has less demand in comparison to Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. You can look at my previous video to hear more about appreciating markets. Cities like Knoxville and Indianapolis dont have such a huge draw as the cities above, but what they do have is stabilized industries that provide jobs for people living in that area. Market timing is also not as important in stabilized markets because it doesn’t fluctuate as much as in appreciating or depreciating markets.
Topics Covered in this episode:
- What are stabilized markets and how do you find them
- St. Louis FRED
- What are indicators to look for in stabilized markets during recession cycles
- Why you should pay attention to the cycles of where you are
- What is the nature of stabilized markets
- Stabilized industries create stabilized markets
- What does it mean “Housing a job”
- Why market timing is not as important in stabilized markets
- Sunbelt states vs northern states
- Why appreciation is slow in stabilized markets
- What are some ways investing in a stabilize markets can be negative
Listen now and find out why Christina thinks education is the key to financial leadership on Spotify, iTunes and Youtube.
The Real Estate Breakthrough Show with Christina Suter is where we talk about the reality of real estate, the mindset you need and the tips and tricks to get you moving forward in investing. Join us every week and learn everything you need to know to invest in real estate education and create real wealth for a lifetime.
Find our more about Christina here:
LinkedIn Christina Suter
Podcast: Play in new window | Download